BACKWOODS JALAPENO JERKY SEASONING / SEASONS 5 POUNDS OF MEAT!
Jalapeno: Experience the fiery flavor of this Mexican pepper.
Backwoods™ Jerky Seasonings have been delighting customers since 1991. We make it simple with our easy to follow instructions and pre-measured cure in every package. Marinate strips or mix with ground meat and use with our famous Jerky Cannon # 468! For wild game and domestic meat.
For consistently flavorful jerky use the recommended number of pounds of meat this package is intended to produce.
- Remove all sinew and fat. For best results, use a cut from the hind legs.
- Cut meat into strips 8" long and 1/8" thick.
- To make the entire 5 lb. package at one time: Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 2-1/2 cups of water for 5 pounds of meat.
- To make smaller batches: Dissolve 4-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1/2 cup of water per pound of meat in a glass bowl.
- Place strips of meat in the bowl and marinate for at least eight hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove strips from marinade (discard remaining marinade) and place in oven or dehydrator.
Ground Meat Method:
- To make the entire 5 lb. package at one time: Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 5 ounces of water. Mix with 5 pounds of meat.
- To make smaller batches: Dissolve 4-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1 ounce of water per pound of meat in a glass bowl. Mix with meat until mixture becomes tacky.
- Roll a small amount of meat with a rolling pin until 1/8" thick and cut into strips. For fast, easy, uniform strip use the LEM Jerky Cannon®.
Process in one of the following ways:
- Preheat oven to 200° F. Place in oven on a cookie sheet and leave door open to first stop. Dry for 1 hour and 15 minutes on each side or until desired texture and dryness is reached.
- Place on rack in dehydrator and dry according to manufacturer's instructions.
Refrigerate or freeze finished product.
Keep cure out of reach of children.
Do not use more cure than recommended.
Seasoning Ingredients: Salt, Sugar, Spices (Including Dehydrated And Ground Jalapeno Peppers), Hydrolyzed Corn Protein (12.5%), Sodium Erythorbate (1.31 %), Onion and Garlic Powder, Spice Extractive And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide Added To Prevent Caking.
Cure Ingredients: Salt, 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Red #3 (For Color), And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide As A Processing Aid.
Ingredients Do Not Contain Gluten, No MSG.
Warning: This product is manufactured in a facility that processes tree nuts.
Print 5 lb. Jalapeno Jerky Directions & Nutritional Info Here
We Also Recommend